Sunday, June 13, 2010

Punctuality is a state of mind

I was on time, but I only caught your benediction.... but that was enough for today. You said the Sabbath was about being here. now. Present.
---
I stayed late to admire the sanctuary. I found myself in the midst of a memorial service for Shirley Karr Mecklin (1920-2010). I decided to stay. I wanted a glimpse of her life. I wanted to find joy in the life of this stranger, to discover the spark she had left with those around her.

I found it.
---
His hand shook. It was probably from stress or too much coffee or maybe some illness. But I told myself it was because he had let himself be overwhelmed by life on a regular basis. My hand does not shake, but my heart flutters, it trembles. I now know why.
---
Before, life distracted me from my own thoughts, now I see that was the point. Lately, I see beauty everywhere I look. I have reentered childhood for a second time. Maybe this is what being born again is really about.

I see differently. I feel differently.

I listen differently.

Astonishment is no longer a rarity.

---
Black waters in the gulf
a veiled sea, a dense canopy
Darkness reaches untouched shores
Though the well has been sealed 
It's shadow will linger
Black waters in my soul
---
She says she has distanced herself from her mother, but I wonder if she has distanced herself from the dreams of her mother.
---
I tried to see you free, but I failed to see that I couldn't do that by controlling you. You were just going to end up trading one set of chains for another.
---

I hope you understood

No comments: