Wednesday, June 02, 2010

after a long ride

Seeing what you want and not being able to get it will piss you off.
-
Realizing what you want doesn't exist anymore will make you sad, but it will make you appreciate it... It's also a lot easier to let go of it.
-
The thought of me used to be able to make you smile, I wonder what happened.
-
Some people want to be loved for who they are. I want to be loved for what I may become, for the potential someone sees in me. Along those lines, I don't want that love to be attached to any promises or expectations because I don't believe people can honestly promise things decades in the future. I think people can "make it work," but that doesn't sound like something worthy of aspiration. I understand those first two sentences might sound a bit contradictory, but the "potential" I am trying to describe is something more fundamental. It's a basic trust in me as a human being. A simple faith in my ability to be a person worthy of another's love.
-
Sometimes things aren't right or wrong. Logical or illogical. They just are. The color of a bird, the shape of a cloud, what makes a person smile.
-
The person that gives you what you want will definitely make you happier in the short run than the person who gives you what you need. People seem to take a while to appreciate these things (ex parents)...
-
It's not that I don't care, I just care about far fewer things than the average person. Though I am guessing my concern for those issues is much deeper than people expect given my lack of deference for everything else. When you realize your own conception was an accident, it's hard to take many, far less important things very seriously.
-
I have thought for a very long time I am a selfish person. I'm starting to think this might not be true, at least on a relative basis. I have always measured my selflessness to what other people professed. Though when I look at what people actually do (which is a much better measure), I feel I might be too hard on myself.
-
I show love towards others in the same way my dad expressed his love towards me. I always thought he showed it too infrequently, and when he did there was too much left unsaid.
-
The pursuit of of the aforementioned affection has shaped my life much more than I have realized.

No comments: