Friday, June 11, 2010

I was an insecure dick and didn't know it

I just saw a couple walking down the street. They both had on sweat shirts, tennis shoes, and athletic shorts. They looked cute together.

It made me think about something she told me a while back. It was our company Christmas party. I told her I didn't like the dress she picked out and I thought she should go with the another one. The fact is I didn't care what she wore. She could wear anything and look great. I did however care what my coworkers thought.

I didn't realize how much I let other's opinions of me direct what I do and choose not to do.

I guess that's what this year off has been about though - being comfortable in my own skin, happy with who I am. It took a while to start being honest with myself about what I really wanted. I was blind.

No comments: