Thursday, November 24, 2011

I have been hanging out with my friend Liz lately and she went through a similar breakup as me, except she dated the guy for over 4 years. It was clear after talking to her that her lingering fear after that relationship was that she wouldn't ever matter to anyone. I guess that might be part of my hang up from my last relationship too. I haven't even considered the possibility that I don't matter to her anymore - that I could have been so close, tried so hard, revealed so much and then been reduced to an annoyance in her mind. I think it might have been too much bear a year or two ago, but I think now, even if it's not true, accepting that possibility will be good for the gradual process of ego dissolution I have been going through since leaving Bridgewater. 

No comments: