Thursday, August 05, 2010

There is a lot to be learned here... A lot about relationships, a lot about trust

"Securely attached children are best able to explore when they have the knowledge of a secure base to return to in times of need"

"This style of attachment develops from a care-giving style which is more disengaged. The child's needs are frequently not met and the child comes to believe that communication of needs has no influence on the caregiver."

"According to some psychological researchers, this style develops from a mothering style which is engaged but on the mother's own terms. That is, sometimes the child's needs are ignored until some other activity is completed and that attention is sometimes given to the child more through the needs of the parent than from the child's initiation"

I feel like all I have needed is a vote of confidence from someone I trust - someone who knows me inside and out. I lost my secure base...

No comments: