Saturday, December 30, 2017

Careers

What has happened to my life?

I feel as though I have unknowingly become the sort of dull, lifeless worker bee I scratched my head at when I was younger. How does this happen? How do we become so myopically focused on our career and a single interest that we lose sight of the wonder and beauty and amazement in the world around us? I live and breathe finance, and would rank myself well against my peers so I don't think I have been a failure. I also know there is a very practical element to work. It provides security for me and a service to the world. It still feels a bit strange though. That by being around a group of people who are all doing the same thing that we engage in this group hypnosis and convince ourselves that this is worth all the time/effort/mental anguish and lost life.


No comments: