Saturday, May 01, 2010

What I miss

It's not love, it's not companionship, it's not a pretty face...

It's being needed...

It gives me a sense of purpose I can't find elsewhere. It makes me feel like I have reason to keep on going. I think that's why this hurts so much is because my best qualities aren't needed. My judgement is no longer trusted, my thoughts are not wanted, and my heartfelt suggestions are pushed aside.

I certainly won't give everyone what they want. In fact, I think giving into silly desires is detrimental to people in the long run (My mom and dad were complete opposites here... Mom gave me everything, dad gave me nothing. I love my mom for it, but I see the problems it's caused me to have now - I don't like to work for things. I expect to get my way. I don't like to compromise). That being said, I am acutely aware of what people "need" and will break myself in two to give it to them once I figure it out.

That's why I have always been a sucker for the girl with a broken smile. It's also why independent women are a little unsettling to me.

In my last two relationships I feel like I have met a girl and helped uncover a woman. I guess the problem with that is you don't know the type of person someone will be once they mature.

It does however sound like an awfully good reason to have children, but I am not ready for someone who is wholly dependent upon me quite yet. I'm a little too selfish for that right now. The last thing I want to do is to sully the blank canvas I'll be bringing into the world.

No comments: