Sunday, May 18, 2014

Reflections on connections

I always grow with each new relationship. The chance to deeply know and understand another person, to open your hearts and lives to each other is a special thing. The process of deeply valuing others for what they do better than me is something I wish I could do more. It helps me to grow as much as anything I do. Here is what I learned from my most recent relationship:

Ignore the stern looking faces of strangers. A smile goes a long way, but a hello with genuine concern can unchain the humanity in another waiting to come alive. People are generally pretty approachable if you reach out.

Better dental hygiene. Added another brushing and daily flossing to my routine. My smile is all the better for it.

I iron my clothes more often and am even more clean than I was before.

I have more patience and don't mind serving others. I am more willing to set my own desires aside.

I realize a softer touch, kinder words and a little encouragement are things I need to do more often. On a positive note I also learned I have more patience than I thought I did.

I am stronger in my own faith because I was forced to reexamine it and own my own beliefs.


No comments: