Sunday, May 22, 2011

Resolution

I always get a little stalkerish when relationships come to an end and I have wondered why for a long time. Why does it bother me so much that I am willing to obsesses over it. I know all it along it has little to do with the other person, but it has a lot to do with my desire to sort things out. I want resolution. I am a very extroverted person and I thrive on talking about my problems. Few things bother me more than ignoring me or not talking about a problem when it's clear there is one. I don't get particularly attached to outcomes - just tell me what you want and I can quickly adapt - but I do have an overwhelming desire to know how things stand - particularly when things seem off kilter. And the end of relationships usually bring those behaviors where it's clear something is wrong and those times when people would rather not talk about it because that is easier.

Anyway, in the future I guess I could just be more direct about things and say "you seem a little different, is something wrong?" I guess I could also try to exercise a little more patience but it's usually after a few beers that these strong emotions crop up. I guess I could stop drinking too, but what fun would that be....

No comments: