Monday, December 06, 2010

Changes

I used to be critical and dismiss people before I even met them, and I think I do it a lot less than I used to, but something new has happened recently and I just realized it about five minutes ago. I have started preemptively dismissing people because I assume they will judge me and I just go ahead and make the decision for them that they won't like me. I am not sure if it's more the fact that I don't want to waste my or other people's time or if it's just a defense mechanism so that I don't have to explain myself in such depth to people who might end up still making me feel like crap in the end no matter how reasonable my explanation. Anyway, just something I noticed and wanted to share... I think I am going to try to stop doing it though, whatever the cauase. There is no reason I should be making those decisions for other people, I let them reject me on their own terms. Though at the same time I will probably still be up front about what I think will irritate them the most about me. And who knows, I might be weeding out people who can open my eyes to something new....

No comments: