Thursday, October 14, 2010

Synchronicity

So, I I had a few purposes when I went out into the woods. Unfortunately the rain ushered my exit a little more hastily than I would have wanted, but I still accomplished a good bit of what I wanted, and thankfully the largest share was on the most important front - sorting out some basic guiding principles for my life and to that end some fresh views on my faith. Thankfully they intersect.

They are in short order: love others, forgive, be humble, don't worry, have self control, don't judge, be reserved in speech

1 John 4:7-8
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.

Matthew 6:34
So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

1 John 4:12-13
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

1 Peter 4:11
Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God. Whoever serves must do so with the strength God supplies.

Proverbs 18:12
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only expressing personal opinion.

1 Peter 5:5
..and all of you must clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another

Galatians 5: 22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law

As a follow up to my last post on the subject, I should close with the following lines... I think it is a good summation

Galatians 5:16-18
So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
---
Yes, I have finally merged my existentialist views with my Christian roots....

No comments: