Friday, January 05, 2007

Phase 1

I am not searching for a job, money, a wife, kids, a family... I desire something far more simple and far more elusive - contentment.

For the past year, I have explored Christianity superficially. I have given the ideas surronding my faith time to sink in, my own lifestyle time to make a transformation, and for a change in my own heart to emerge. I am still cynical, bitter, difficult to get along with at times. I have also noticed tremendous changes with the way in which i deal with my problems and face my life.

Recently, I began to address several specific areas which I have been struggling with. In my attempts to deal with those issues, I was forced to rely on the colloquial "power of Jesus" to overcome my problems. After somewhat successfully regaining self-control in those areas, I began to question the very idea which I had just relied on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so raw and honest...you are very intelligent AND you have conscience. Even though you are a man you show emotion that so many men try to hide. Many women will find that attractive. I think it would be wise for a person like you to become a teacher or a professor but of course who am I to tell you what to do. I can tell you want to do the right thing and make an impact and want to change the world. I know no matter what you would do the right thing. Keep writing and putting your blog out there.